1000watt is a brand & marketing agency serving the real estate and mortgage industries. We’re small, but we have a big reach.
We help real estate companies, real estate and mortgage-focused startups, mortgage companies, title companies and MLSs build better brands through marketing and design.
Does this sound like you?
You love marketing. You are schooled in the dark arts of digital, print, advertising, video, direct mail, social media. The tactics matter, but so does the big picture. You live, sleep and dream about all the ways brands can impact the world.
You love branding. You can recite Carl Jung's 12 archetypes, have a copy of “The Hero and the Outlaw” on your desk and have read “Lovemarks” more than once. You've discovered the 3rd hidden element in the FedEx logo and can use your vast knowledge of identity and story to guide work and keep clients enthralled.
You’re sharp. You should be able to quickly identify a client’s problem, harmonize all the variables and come in hot with a series of devastatingly smart recommendations.
You can write coherently. ‘Nuff said.
You get sh*t done. Yeah, we need your big, hairy, audacious ideas.... But we also need people who know how to drive those ideas all the way to completion.
You’re confident. You can stand in front of a room and lead a workshop. You can sell those big, hairy, audacious ideas to clients with a minimal amount of BS.
You think on your feet. Our industry is complex. There are a lot of moving parts. We don’t expect you to know all of its intricacies coming in the door, but you need to be nimble, and learn and adjust quickly.
Finally, you have an understanding of how real estate works. You might not have bought or sold a home, but you get how important housing is to our world.
You’ll be working directly with our Chief Strategist and other 1000watt principals as well as all members of our team. Here are some of the things you’ll be doing in this role:
- Participate in client discovery workshops and work directly with key decision makers. Some travel will be required.
- Write brand copy and messaging: archetyping, values, pillars, positioning statements
- Lead focus groups, inclusive of customer journey and persona exercises, as well as one-on-one stakeholder interviews.
- Design and manage online surveys and other quantitative studies. Have the ability to analyze and synthesize findings to serve up to clients in a meaningful way.
- Create strategy decks, and detailed marketing plans for client presentations.
- Direct client engagements, alongside project management, including scheduling, presentations, writing creative briefs, etc.
- Bachelor's level degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Seven or more years experience within a brand strategy/design/digital agency
- Demonstrate strong writing, oral and presentation skills with a flash of creativity
- Well-versed in marketing principles and strategies is a must
- Familiarity with the web and web design would be a plus
- Ability to be both detail-oriented and an "out-of-the-box" thinker. You don’t get dragged down by convention.
- Great professional communication - you’ll be interacting with our clients all over the country.
- A self-starting disposition and a fierce work ethic. We have a funky, fun office in the Pearl. There’s no time clock to punch and you won’t have someone staring over your shoulder, but the job always needs to get done.
- Must be local to PDX area or willing to relocate
If you want this gig, we want to hear from you!
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please apply by email and include a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for the job, your resume and salary requirements.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product SpecialistCoreLogicIrvine, CA, United StatesFeb 17
Strategist1000wattPortland, OR, United StatesFeb 10
CEO/MLS managerWARDEX: Western Arizona Realtor Data ExchangeBullhead City, AZ, United StatesFeb 06
MLS DirectorPark City Board of REALTORS®Park City, UT, United StatesJan 30
Marketing and Communications CoordinatorCouncil of MLS (CMLS)AnywhereJan 30
Latest from the webjobs by
VP Real EstateSantee CooperMoncks Corner, SC20 Feb
Development AssociateDominium Management ServicesPlymouth, MN24 Feb
Sr. Real Estate SpecialistNorthrop GrummanHerndon, VA 2017121 Feb
Real Estate Field InvestigatorReal Estate SolutionsLong Island, NY6 Feb
COO/CFO for Local Real Estate OfficeKeller Williams Realty Buffalo NorthtownsBuffalo, NY 1422122 Feb